Porcelain Veneers – Hampton, NH
Transform Your Smile's Confidence & Shine
Are there just too many things about your pearly whites you want to improve? Dr. Ravi have the comprehensive solution for addressing several flaws at once: porcelain veneers. With these ultra-thin sheaths, you can hide everything from chips to cracks to stains so that all anyone else sees is your dazzling grin. Thinking about getting a smile makeover? Contact Oceanside Family Dental today to learn more about porcelain veneers in Hampton.
Why Choose Oceanside Family Dentistry for Porcelain Veneers?
- Lifelike, Stain-Resistant Restorations
- Flexible Office Hours
- Custom-Made Treatments for Every Smile
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Unlike dental crowns that cover the entire tooth, a veneer is only placed on the front – in other words, the part that’s visible whenever you flash a smile. Today’s veneers are normally made out of porcelain because of its many aesthetic advantages; not only can it be shaded to resemble a natural tooth as closely as possible, but it’s also highly stain-resistant compared to your enamel. That means your veneers won’t be easily discolored by dark-colored foods and beverages.
Since veneers actively cover the front of the tooth, they’re an excellent option to address multiple flaws at once and are usually suggested to patients who want to make extensive changes.
Who is a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
You may want to consider getting porcelain veneers if you suffer from one or more of the following issues:
- Severely stained or discolored teeth that don’t respond to whitening
- Minor chips and cracks that affect the tooth’s appearance
- Teeth that are misshapen in some way
- Small gaps between your teeth
- Mildly crooked teeth
It’s also important to be in good overall oral health before veneers are placed; Dr. Ravi will check your teeth and gums for signs of decay or infection, which will need to be treated first. Also, the teeth that will receive veneers need to have enough enamel for the veneers to bond to.
What is the Procedure Like?
Getting veneers usually takes two appointments. During the first visit, we’ll need to prepare your tooth by removing a small amount of enamel equal to the thickness of the veneer that you’ll receive. We can thin take an impression of your tooth. The impression is sent to a lab where the veneer is made, which can take around two to four weeks. You might wear temporary veneers while you’re waiting.
You’ll receive your veneers during the second appointment. After adjusting the color and the shape so that it blends in with the rest of your smile, we’ll bond the veneer to your tooth using a special cement that’s hardened with a beam of light.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Veneers provide a natural appearance; most people won’t even notice that you’ve received dental work.
- Porcelain resists stains well, and it won’t irritate your gums.
- We can customize the color of your veneer to make a dark tooth appear whiter.
- Veneers typically require less preparation and enamel removal than dental crowns.
- You can expect your veneers to last for about 7 to 15 years.
- Porcelain veneers don’t require any sort of special care.